Discover the Russian monastery of Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, an architectural masterpiece in Sergiev Posad, and only 70 km away from Moscow, on a 5-hour tour.
Sergiev Posad Day Trip
The tour meets by the Zhukov Monument, near to the famous Red Square - before descending into the Ohotniy Ryad station, on the Komsomolskaya line. Having paid the train, we'll make a journey of approximately an hour and a half towards the beautiful city of Serguiev Posad.
This orthodox spiritual centre is one of the most important in Russia, and once there we will visit the craft shop, where you can buy products like matrioskas, the famous Russian dolls. Then we'll continue our tour of the Russian Vatican - taking a two and a half hour tour of its most important monument: the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius Monastery.
This religious complex, made up of a number of different buildings, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The blue domes of the Cathedral of the Assumption are sure to capture your attention, and we'll also admire the orthodox style art of the Krasnogorskaya Chapel and the Church of St. Sergius - which stands out for its emerald ornamentation.
And we'll get the chance to visit other must-see spots in the monumental complex, such as the 289 feet (88 metre) Bell Tower in pastel greens.
Then we'll make our way back to the Russian capital, completing the day with views of the Russian Golden Ring, as this area of the country is known. Then after about an hour and a half of return journey, we'll finish the tour at the Komsomolskaya station.
If you would prefer to reserve an excursion with an exclusive guide just for you and your family or friends, please contact us.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 2 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per PerdsonUS$ 72.70
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Outward metro ticket.
Return train ticket.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius Monastery.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Zhukov Monument, near Red Square