Take a walk through the summer residences of Peter the Great and Catherine the Great with this Kolomenskoe & Tsaritsino Guided Tour. Visit two must-see destinations in Moscow.
Kolomenskoe & Tsaritsino Guided Tour
We'll meet at the Bolshoi Theatre fountains, and take the metro from Teatralnaya station to Kolomenskaya. As soon as we arrive we'll see the famous Kolomenskoye park, a place where the former Russian Tsars enjoyed their free time.
The park's great architecture will surely impress you! As you walk through the Kolomenskoye gardens, our guide will reveal the stories that are hidden in this magical place.
One of the main attractions is the Church of the Ascension, did you know that the church was started in honour of the birth of Ivan the Terrible? You'll have the opportunity to contemplate its octahedral dome and its white stone facades. We'll also go to the Alexei Mikhailovich Palace, one of the great works of Russian architecture.
We'll leave the park and take the metro to Tsaritsyno. Here you'll see an impressive complex of parks bought by Catherine the Great where she built an immense palace that represented the victory of Russia over Turkey. However, the construction was not to the Czarina's liking and had it destroyed. Fortunately, that didn't happen, and today we can enjoy her wonderful scene.
You'll discover the Tzaritzano Palace, the musical fountain, the ponds and the bridge over the Kazakov ravine. A walk that will transport you immediately to the Russian monarchy's golden age.
The tour will end in Tsaritsyno, where you'll have the opportunity to walk through its gardens and discover new landscapes on your own.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 12 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
Metro tickets (one way).
Entrance to Kolomesnkoye park.
Entrance to Tsaritsino park.
Return metro ticket.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Teatralnaya ploshad 1, Moscú